The web is an essential research tool providing increasingly efficient means of providing dynamic content, tools for data acquisition, online analysis tools, and real-time sharing of data.
Our research web application server currently supports:
- Apache (mod_WSGI, mod_passenger (3.0.9)
- PHP (5.2/5.3)
- Python (2.4, 2.6) and Django
- Ruby (1.8.7) on Rails (2.1.0/2.3.14)
- Mapserver (5.2.1)
- Tomcat (local install only)/JSP
- Access to hosted research data.
The hardware that provides these services is:
- Dell 610 Dual Xeon x5660 2.8 GHz, 6 core processors with 24 GB 1333 MHz RAM
- Sun Fire V40Z dual AMD Opteron, quad core with 16GB RAM)
- CentOS Virtual Servers with 2 processors and 4GB for specialized use
Please contact ARC if you have questions regarding web serving or web based projects. We can assist you with solutions that will effectively meet your requirements.