Portland State University can assist departments in acquiring new hardware, such as desktops, laptops, and printers. When a department decides to purchase new computer equipment, they should get in touch with the Helpdesk in order to get the best pricing and ensure compatibility with our current computing infrastructure.
OIT has access to volume pricing from certain vendors, which departments can utilize as new purchases become necessary. Purchasing PSU standard hardware ensures ease of troubleshooting and compatibility with PSU systems.
- PSU Computer Hardware - Find out more about the options available to replace your current PSU computer hardware or purchase new systems.
- Printer Purchasing Guide - Learn more about which printers are recommended for use at PSU and where to send your purchase order.
- Personal Technology Discounts - Find out more about the education-based discounts that members of the PSU community are eligible for at many technology retailers.
- Finding a Computer's Serial Number - You can use your computer's serial number to locate information about your current handware and system configuration.
- Free Software for PSU-Owned Computers - Find out about the free software available to users with a PSU-owned computer.
- Software Purchasing for Personal Computers - Find out about the software available for your personal computer.
- Software Purchasing for PSU Computers - Find out about the software available for your PSU owned computer.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.