If you need to create a survey, there are two free options available for the PSU community: Google Forms and Qualtrics.
Using Google Forms
Google Forms are a quick, easy way to create surveys. Forms can be linked to a Google spreadsheet, making it easy to access and use the collected data. Additionally, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) offers free workshops on using Google Forms. You can sign up by going to Workshops.
To create a survey with Google Forms, follow these steps:
- Go to drive.pdx.edu.
- Select the New button > More > Google Forms.
- Enter a name for your Untitled Form.
- Build your form by adding questions, images and selecting a theme/color palate.
Qualtrics helps you collect and analyze survey data. This software is easy to learn and has an intuitive interface, with advanced features for experienced survey designers.
To create a survey with Qualtrics, follow these steps:
- Go to Qualtrics.
- If prompted, log in using your Odin information.
- If you haven't used Qualtrics before, accept Terms of Service by clicking the “I Accept” button.
- Select the "Create Survey" tab in the upper left corner.
- Select the "Quick Survey Builder" link.
- Enter a name for your survey (and a folder if you have created one).
- Select the "Create Survey" button.
- Build your survey.
Help articles for Google Forms can be found at Google Forms Support.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.