Supported software is common software on campus that the Office of Information Technology (OIT) will provide assistance with. Unsupported software is software that OIT does not officially assist with, but for which we will make best efforts to provide assistance. As software versions become outdated and deprecated over time, software titles may move from the supported category to the recently unsupported category.
OIT will install, configure, and provide application-level troubleshooting for supported software. We will also make our best effort to correct errors, bugs or crashes that are encountered.
Services that OIT will provide for supported software include:
- Installing or reinstalling the application on request.
- Troubleshooting and attempting to resolve application malfunctions.
- Providing configuration, assistance, and some training on basic functionality and features.
Computer Operating Systems
- Windows XP (support ending 4/2014)
- Windows 7
- Mac OS X 10.6-10.8
Mobile Device Operating Systems
- iOS 5+
- Android 2.3+
- Firefox 188.8.131.52 ESR+
- Internet Explorer 9+
- Chrome 26+
- Safari 6+
- Microsoft Office 2010-2013
- Google Apps
- McAfee AntiVirus
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN
Recently Unsupported Software
OIT will not assist with the installation, operation, training or setup for unsupported software, beyond providing temporary administrative privileges (if necessary) to install the software. You are ultimately responsible for troubleshooting any errors that occur in unsupported software. Beyond making a best effort to provide guidance, OIT will refer you to the software manufacturer for most types of assistance.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 - You can find a list of free alternatives to this program at PDF Tools.
To locate OIT-supported software on campus, go to Software Locations.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.