The Office of Information Technology (OIT) may be able to provide assistance in implementing new software or hardware. The information on this page relates to larger, departmental or inter-departmental projects. To place a request for lab or classroom technology, visit the Lab & Classroom Software Request Form.
Prior to requesting OIT's assistance with a project, consider factors such as:
- What are the costs involved and where will the funding come from?
- Is staffing available within your department to implement the new solution?
- Is staffing available within your department to provide ongoing maintenance for the new solution?
- What existing systems may be involved (such as Banner)?
- What other offices may need to be involved?
- What are the benefits of the new solution?
- Do you have senior level (such as Associate Vice Provost/Dean) support for this project?
- What is the time frame?
Project Request, Tracking and Scoring
Once you have gathered the above information, enter your project request using the OIT Project Request Form to have the request evaluated. After OIT evaluation, the project request is scored based on alignment with PSU and OIT goals, project risks, and other criteria determined by the Information Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC). Note that this score is not the only factor determining project approval and prioritization.
OIT will contact the requestor for additional information and after evaluation will provide an approval/disapproval status.