Installing a Network Printer
PSU faculty and staff can install a shared office printer on their computer, if one has not been automatically installed.
Before installing your printer, ensure that your computer is connected to the PSU network (via Wi-Fi or a network cable). You will also need to know the name of your printer queue before you can install it.
To install a network printer on a Windows PC, follow the steps below.
- Select the Start button.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Select "Add a printer".
- Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer."
- Select "The printer that I want isn't listed."
- Select "Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature" and select Next.
- In the Find Printers window, there are several ways to locate your print queue:
- Type building and room number in the "location" field (ex: type "SMSU 209" to show the print queues in that room).
- Type a department acronym in the "Name" field (ex: type "OAA" to show the list of printers beginning with OAA in the search results).
- Note: If there are no results from using a department acronym, try searching for the acronym of name of the college the department is part of (ex: type "CLAS" to show the list of printers in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences).
- Scroll down to locate your printer on the list. Many print queues follow the naming convention "College-Department-Building-Room."
- Ask a coworker the name of the queue they print to.
- Double-click the printer you want to install.
- Name the printer (optional) and then select Next.
- Select Finish.
To install a network printer on a Mac, you must be a local administrator on your computer. If you are unsure whether or not you are a local administrator, attempt the steps below, keeping in mind that you may be unable to complete the process. If you are not a local administrator, contact the Helpdesk for help installing a network printer.
- Select the Apple icon in the top, left corner of the screen.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Print & Scan.
- Select + at the bottom of the printer list. (For OS 10.7, select Add Other Printer or Scanner.)
- Select the globe icon labeled IP.
- From the Protocol drop-down list, select “Line Printer Daemon - LPD”.
- In the Address field, enter “oitps1.psu.ds.pdx.edu”.
- In the Queue field, enter the name of your print queue.
- In the Name and Location fields, you may enter anything you want.
- In the Use drop-down menu, select a desired printer software if you have one, otherwise select “Generic PostScript Printer”.
- Select Add.
- An option menu will appear; select the options you know exist. For example, there should be an option for Duplex Printing (double-sided printing). If the options are not selected, the printer will be unable to perform the functions (even if it is capable of doing so).
- Select OK and the printer will be added.
If the printer does not work after being installed, try restarting your computer. If that fails and other people are also unable to print to the printer, try restarting the printer. If it still does not work, check that you have the correct print queue.
If you need to create or change your print queue, submit a Print Queue Request Form.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.