Google Calendar Workshop
The Office of Information Technology provides training for many aspects of using Google Calendar, Google+, and Google Hangouts. A full description of the workshop can be found below.
Google Calendar, Google+, Hangouts
Instructor: Phyllis Boulton
Usual Location: Neuberger Hall, 4th floor lab
Length: 2 hours
Description: Learn how to use Google Calendar to manage rooms, events, and groups. Everyone at PSU has access to Google Calendar at cal.pdx.edu. This workshop will cover the features of Google Calendar, including Tasks. You’ll also get an overview of Google+ and Google Hangouts. Open to everyone at PSU.
We'll cover the features of Google Calendar and tips you can use to manage your time and projects.
- Customize your calendar: make your calendar work for you
- Share your calendar: with co-workers, students, groups
- Add and edit events
- Invite guests: including non-PSU people
- Insert attachments to invitations
- Create repeating events
- Duplicate existing events
- Easily find the best date and time for all your guests
- Calendar shortcuts
- Appointment slots: Let people book time with you
- Manage multiple calendars
- Follow interesting people and organizations.
- Create circles based on topics, interests. Edit circles.
- Control who sees what and what you see in your Google+ feed
- Choose what circles see each post
- Add people
- Post information and upload photos, links, videos, events
- Host or join a Hangout
- Chat, watch video, screen share, share programs, share documents, files
- Broadcast your Hangout
- Find interesting Hangouts