PSU Google Calendar
Google Calendar will help you manage your schedule and coordinate with others for meetings and events. For more information about how to use Google Calendar, visit the links below.
Setting Availability Times
When you begin using Google Calendar, you should set your availability times, so that others attempting to schedule meetings will be notified if they are creating an event outside your regular hours.
In order to set your availability times, follow these instructions:
- Go to cal.pdx.edu.
- Select the gear icon at the top of any Google Calendar page.
- Select Settings.
- In the "Working hours" section, select the checkboxes that says "Show a warning..."
- Select the checkboxes for the days of the week you want to set as your available days.
- Set the start and end times for your available hours in the text boxes below.
- Select Save.
Using Google Calendar Labs
Labs are features that are still being tested and have not yet been officially incorporated into Google Calendar. Although Labs are experimental, many of them can be used to add extra functionality to your calendar usage. For more information about using Labs in Google Calendar, go to the Google Calendar Labs support page.
OIT recommends enabling the Gentle Reminders Lab. This feature changes the way event reminders behave. Instead of interrupting what you're doing and forcing you to acknowledge a pop-up window, the title of the Google Calendar window blinks and a chime sounds. You can also choose to receive desktop notifications if you're using the Chrome browser.
- Google Calendar Policy
- Scheduling Meetings
- Calendar Sharing Settings
- Resource Calendar Guide
- Sharing Calendars with Google Groups
- Google Calendar Help
- Google Calendar Learning Center
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.