File Transfer & Remote Connections
The following supported methods allow you to connect to the PSU network from any location.
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) - SFTP can be used to access your H drive, I drive, and web/UNIX network folders.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) - Use our VPN client to connect to PSU network resources from any location and increase your internet security.
- Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) - Use an RDC to remotely operate your campus work computer from another location.
- Remote Assistance (Bomgar) - If you request technical assistance from the Helpdesk, OIT is able to troubleshoot many computer problems remotely using the Bomgar screen sharing tool.
- Secure Copy - You can use Secure Copy as an alternative to SFTP.
- Secure Shell (SSH) - SSH client can also be used to connect to servers at PSU.
- Public Keys for SSH Authentication - You can use public key authentication to ensure a greater level of security when signing into your server.
For information on zip files, go to Using Zip Files.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.