Dell Manufacture Date
You can determine the age of your Dell computer system using the computer’s service tag/serial number. To determine your manufacture date, you will need to find your service tag/serial number first.
Determining System Age
Finding the Service Tag/Serial Number
To find your service tag, follow these instructions:
- Look for a sticker on the exterior of your computer that contains the service tag.
- Record this number and continue to the Checking the Manufacture Date section.
If you cannot locate the sticker, you can find your serial number this way:
- Press Win + R (open Run).
- Enter “cmd” and select OK.
- Enter “wmic bios get serialnumber” into the command line window that appears and press Enter.
- Record the returned serial number and continue to the Checking the Manufacture Date section.
Checking the Manufacture Date
To determine your manufacture date with your service tag/serial number, follow these instructions:
- Visit the Dell support website.
- Enter your service tag/serial number and select Submit.
- Select the Warranty tab.
- Record the Ship Date. This is considered its manufacture date.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.