The D2L Homepage is the first page you see after signing into D2L. On this page, you will find a list of all the courses you are registered for. Not all Portland State courses use online resources or D2L. If you're not sure whether your course uses D2L or not, please contact your instructor.
The D2L Menu Bar
The D2L menu bar is always present at the top of your screen while you are logged into D2L. It allows you to access your courses, notifications, and personal settings from any screen.
Select a Course
The "Select a Course…" drop-down menu allows you to access a course, rather than returning to the homepage and searching through a list of your courses. A pinning feature is available to the right of each course name, which allows you to have certain courses always appear at the top of the list.
Three drop down menus are available to the left of your name:
- Message Alerts: Displays recent emails and is where you can access the Pager and D2L Mail tools.
- Update Alerts: Displays when a Grade Item is released, when a Grade Item is updated, or a two-day reminder for upcoming Dropbox and Quiz deadlines.
- Subscription Alerts: Displays notifications for any forum or news item you have subscribed to. If any of these receives a new event, a red asterisk will appear on them
In the right corner of the menu bar you will see a drop-down menu under your name. This menu allows you to access your Profile, Notifications, and Account Settings information. You can also log out from this menu.
- Profile: Add personal information to your D2L profile. This profile introduces you to your instructors and classmates online.
- Notifications: Subscribe to receive email notifications when updates occur.
- Account Settings: Change the way D2L looks and behaves for you by modifying settings. This area allows you to change things like font size, timezone, discussion thread view styles, and email signatures.
On the left side of the D2L Homepage there is the global news widget, where the any important information regarding D2L will appear. Make sure to check this area often for important system updates.
On the right side of the D2L Homepage you will find My Courses, a list of all the courses you are registered for. You can click to collapse or expand each term to hide old courses or view current courses
If you were unable to resolve your question by viewing this tutorial, contact the Helpdesk.