D2L Course Homepage
The Course Homepage is reached by selecting the name of your course from the course list on the D2L homepage.
The Course Navigation Bar
The course navigation bar is beneath the D2L menu bar and the PSU banner. It allows you to access several important tools for your course.
- Activities: Links to the main tools students will use in D2L such as Dropbox, Quizzes, and Discussions.
- People: Links to tools that pertain to user management or collaboration such as Classlist, Groups, and Collaborate.
- Grades: Links to user assessment tools such as the Gradebook and User Progress.
- Help: Directs users to either instructor help or student help resources.
By default, the Course Homepage will have the widgets listed below in every D2L course, but as every course in unique, the components you see will differ. Expect to do a little exploring on your first day of logging in.
- News Widget: Displays any important announcements that your instructor has posted for the course.
- Activities and Content Widget: Mirrors anything within Course Content. It is an alternative way for you to click into the course content tool.
- Calendar Widget: Displays new and upcoming calendar items such as due dates in a dropbox folder or quiz availability. Any custom items added to the calendar tool will also appear here.
- Library Resources Widget: Connects resources from the library to your course. Along with a library search box and helpful links, the widget also links to a relevant course guide or library reserves, if either are available.
If you were unable to resolve your question by viewing this tutorial, contact the Helpdesk.