ARC currently offers a broad range of software for research use:
- MatLab, MathCad and Labview scientific softwares
- Gene sequencing, cataloging and manipulation software, including MrBayes and RAxML-MPI
- Molecular modelling software such as JMOL, Amber, and NAMD
- MM-5 weather modelling software
- SPSS, SAS and R statistical software
- Geospatial/online mapping software
- PostgreSQL database systems
Using ARC Software
ARC is working with the PSU research community to strengthen our research computing capabilities and expand to meet growing needs.
Please contact ARC with your software requests. ARC will evaluate the software systems requirements and install it on OIT systems or accommodate its purchase, management installation on PSU wide systems. If the software you require has additional systems or resource requirements, ARC will work with you developing maintainable solutions for your needs.
ARC hosts general research tools such as matlab and specialized research software. Additional software can be installed on the research servers by request. Currently installed software is listed by the following categories:
For more information on research computing software, contact Academic & Research Computing.
You can also contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.