McAfee is provided by PSU free of charge to students, faculty, and staff to provide virus protection for your computer. This software should be uninstalled once you are no longer affiliated with the University. You must uninstall any existing anti-virus software from your computer prior to installing McAfee VirusScan. Failure to do so can cause system instability or other erroneous errors.
- Download McAfee AntiVirus for Windows.
- Make a selection based on your computer type this will also begin downloading McAfee Virus-Scan.
- After McAfee Virus-Scan is downloaded, restart your computer to complete the install process.
- When your computer restarts, look for a red 'M' in your system tray to ensure the installation completed properly.
- Download McAfee AntiVirus for Mac.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen directions. Be sure to restart your computer to complete the install process. After your computer restarts, look for a red 'M' in your menu bar to ensure the installation completed properly.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.