Advanced Email Settings
This page contains PSU Gmail advanced settings that can be used to set up an email client . Please note that going to mail.pdx.edu is the recommended way of using your PSU email and managing your contacts, as the web client provides an enhanced experience and is the most accessible way of managing your email.
Enabling IMAP in Gmail
- Go to mail.pdx.edu.
- Select Settings.
- Select the tab labeled "Forwarding and POP/IMAP".
- Select Enable IMAP, then press Save Changes.
- Go to Google's Less Secure Apps page.
- For the option "Access for less secure apps", select "Turn on".
Incoming mail server
- Protocol: IMAP
- Server: imap.gmail.com
- Username: YourOdinUsername@pdx.edu (include @pdx.edu)
- Port: 993
- Connection Type: SSL/TLS
Outgoing mail server
- Protocol: SMTP
- Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465 or 587
- Connection Security: SSL
- Username: YourOdinUsername@pdx.edu
- Authentication Required? Yes
To set up PSU Gmail in Microsoft Outlook, visit Install Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.