Elsa Jorgenson Award
The Elsa Jorgenson Award, the gift of the Estate of Elsa Jorgenson, was established to give special recognition to full time graduate students majoring in English, foreign language, and science. The recipient is determined by a committee on the basis of scholarship, academic potential, and financial need. The amount of the award varies according to the amount available. As of October 2014, we anticipate that there will be one award of $1,500 (distributed equally in Fall 2015, Winter 2016, and Spring 2016) for the 2015-16 academic year to supplement tuition remission from other sources.
You are eligible to apply for the Elsa Jorgenson Award if you meet these requirements:
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You are admitted to (or have applied for admission to) a PSU graduate degree program in the departments of Biology, Chemistry, English, Foreign Languages and Literatures, Geology, or Physics starting in Fall 2014 with university regular status (i.e., with no university conditions at admission).
- You will be enrolled in and successfully complete 9 or more graduate credits that will count towards your degree each term of the award.
- You have financial need.
- You must file the 2015-16 FAFSA.
- You have received (or have applied for) a tuition remission for the 2015-16 academic year (a graduate assistantship, a Laurels Graduate Award, or other tuition scholarship), which must be confirmed in writing before this award will be given.
For students receiving financial aid, this award will impact the financial aid package.
On-line Application Process
On-line application for OGS (Office of Graduate Studies) scholarships and awards is now available.
You will access the on-line application for OGS scholarships and awards at the Scholarship Manager website. (This website has a new URL, so if you have bookmarked it in the past, please create a new bookmark for it.) If you have never created an account, you will need to first create an account by clicking on "First Time User." Once your account is created, you will click on "Returning User" to access the application form.
To apply for OGS scholarships and awards, you must complete the PSU Graduate Scholarship Application on the Scholarship Manager website by the deadlines stated below.