3MT Event Rules
- Masters and Doctoral students are eligible to present any research they are conducting for a thesis, dissertation, or culminating project.
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted (no slide transitions, animations or 'movement' of any description; the slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration).
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.