NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR TRAINING OF TRAINERS!
The Oregon Center for Career Development is excited to announce the following training of trainer opportunities now open:
- Training of Trainers for "Implementing Development Screening Using the Ages and Stages Questionnare Third Edition-ASQ-3" For application materials click here.
- Training of Trainers for Language is the Key training session. This exciting training designed to promote language development in young children through high quality adult child interactions is available in multiple languages! For application materials click here.
SAVE THE DATE!
Early Words Language and Literacy Development 2014 Training of Trainers coming Saturday, February 21, 2015. Watch for application materials in mid November.
All 4 Math in Early Childhood Training of Trainers coming Saturday, May 16, 2015.
Alert!!! Coversheet and Address Changes!
The address to submit your training for Office of Child Care licensing requirements has changed. Please download a new coversheet today and send your documents to the address on the form:
Portland State University -- OCCD
Oregon Registry Online
PO Box 751
Portland, OR 97207-0751
Using the older form or sending training documentation to the wrong address will delay processing times.
Continuation of the Oregon Registry Step application fee waiver!
In response to partner and front line staff input as well as access to the resources through the Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Grant, the $10 Oregon Registry Step application fee waiver will continue for another year, until June 30, 2015. An application is still required in order to evaluate your training and education documents for an Oregon Registry Step 3 or higher. Remember, if you have a degree in the field, you only need to turn in a copy of that diploma or a transcript that has the degree listed with your application. Oregon Registry Step applications can be accessed at pdx.edu/occd/forms-and-resources and should be turned into the Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education (OCCD). Review teams will award the highest Step possible based on submitted documentation.
Professional development resources now available in Russian!
The Oregon Registry Step application has been translated into Russian. Access this new resource at: pdx.edu/occd/forms-and-resources
Oregon’s Childhood Care and Education Professional Development Plan (PDP) has also been translated into Russian. Access this new resource at pdx.edu/occd/sites/www.pdx.edu.occd/files/PDP_Russian.pdf
Statewide Scholarships available for 2014-15!
We are pleased to announce that the Statewide Scholarship Program has again received funding from the Oregon Community Foundation! Funding is available for community based training (cohorts and conferences), college coursework and credentials (CDAs and Oregon Registry Credentials), as well as transcription and translation/ evaluation for degrees earned outside of the United States.
We are also thrilled to let you know about an additional opportunity for providers who are working on AA/AAS degrees to apply for Race to the Top Supplemental Scholarships. These scholarships will pay for college tuition and fees, as well as provide payments directly to the individual to help with indirect costs like books, child care, transportation, school supplies, etc.
Please check out our website for the details and application materials.
Oregon Registry fun facts!
As of June 30, 2014…..
- There are 9039 individuals who have achieved an Oregon Registry Step 3 or higher! This is a 2000 increase over this time last year and almost 300 more than last month.
- OCCD received 666 Oregon Registry Step applications in May 2014! This is a significant jump from the 487 received in March and 66 more than we received in April
- 2119 providers have received education awards between July 1, 2013 and May 31, 2014, totaling $720,800.