In order to be certified, all Community and Master Trainers must complete an orientation to the Oregon Professional Development System and to the Oregon Registry Trainer Program policies and procedures.
The Oregon Registry Trainer Orientation is offered in five separate lessons with a quiz for each lesson. Click on each lesson and on the quiz to download them.
- Lesson #1: Introducing Oregon’s Professional Development System
- Lesson #2: Learning about the Core Body of Knowledge
- Lesson #3: Understanding the Oregon Registry Steps
- Lesson #4: Explaining the Oregon Registry Trainer Program
- Lesson #5: Developing an Oregon Registry Training Session
- Orientation Quiz for Lesson #1 through Lesson #5
To complete the lessons and the quiz, you will need to refer to a few documents:
- Core Body of Knowledge
- Oregon Registry Steps
- Training Session Proposal Instructions
- Training Session Proposal Form
(You will need to print a copy of this)
- Sample Oregon Registry Training Session Proposal
- Sample Oregon Registry Training Session Evaluation Form
- NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct: Supplement for Adult Educators
Trainers may complete in several ways.
- Trainers may read the lessons on-line, by clicking on each individual lesson, downloading and printing the quiz, completing quiz questions for each lesson, and mailing the completed quiz to OCCD.
- Trainers may call OCCD at 1-877-725-8535 or send an email to email@example.com to request a printed packet with the trainer orientation lessons, quiz, and materials. Trainers may read the lessons, complete the quiz questions for each lesson, and mail the completed quiz to OCCD.
If you have any questions about the Oregon Registry Trainer Orientation content and process, please contact:
Toll Free: 877-725-8535; 503-725-8535
Fax: 503-725-5430; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org