The Oregon Professional Development System is an integrated and comprehensive statewide framework that weaves the childhood care and education profession together. The Oregon Professional Development System involves many agencies and programs that provide supports for professionals.
The profession of Childhood Care and Education includes all types of care and education for young children, before/after school, and summer care programs for school age children. Professionals in childhood care and education make a difference everyday in their work with children and youth. High quality programs and services for children, youth and families result in the positive growth and development of children and youth, and a stronger social, educational and economic future.
The Primary Professional Development Partners
- Oregon AfterSchool for Kids (Oregon ASK)
- Oregon Association for the Education of Young Children
- Oregon Association of Child Care Directors
- Oregon Child Development Coalition
- Inclusive Child Care Program
- Oregon Central Coordination of Child Care Resource and Referral
- Oregon Community Colleges, Colleges, and Universities with ECE programs
- Oregon Department of Education (Head Start Collaboration, Early Childhood Special Education/Early Intervention, Professional/Technical Education)
- Oregon Department of Human Services: Child, Adult and Family Services
- State of Oregon Office of Child Care
- Provider Resource Organization