Oregon Statewide Scholarship Program
The Oregon Statewide Scholarship Program supports the growth of quality child care in Oregon. With funds from the Oregon Community Foundation's Betty Gray Early Childhood Development Endowment Fund, the Scholarship Program provides financial support for training and education for providers working in family child care, center child care, Head Start, and before/after school programs.
Enhancing the quality of childhood care and education by supporting professional development.
Click here to download the 2014-15 scholarship program information
How to Apply
To be eligible for scholarship support, you must:
- Already have an Oregon Registry STEP 3 or above.
- Work directly with children at least 20 hours a week in an Oregon Office of Child Care licensed (Certified or Registered) child care facility or a child care center legally exempt from licensing.
- Submit the appropriate scholarship application for the activity you hope to complete with a current copy of Oregon’s Childhood Care and Education Professional Development Plan (PDP) identifying specific professional goals the scholarship can help you achieve.
Oregon Satewide Scholarship - Betty Gray Early Childhood Development Forms
- Cohort training
- CDA Credential Application fees
- Oregon Registry Credential Application fees
- Degree Translation/Evaluation
- Oregon Community College Coursework
- Oregon Community College Transcription
*Limitations apply. See page 1 of the application form for details.
Oregon Statewide Scholarship – Race to the Top Supplemental Forms
Your AA/AAS Degree is waiting! The Race to the Top Supplemental Scholarship (RTT) is available until December 2016 to enhance the quality of childhood care and education in Oregon by supporting Early Childhood Educators to obtain an Associates of Arts or Applied Sciences degree. Scholarship funds are available for students working toward their AA or AAS degree at an Oregon Community College with a focus in Early Childhood Care & Education. Act now! The RTT funding will end December 2016.
- Click here to download the Race to the Top Supplemental Scholarship Information
- Click here to download the Race to the Top Supplemental Scholarship Application form
If you have questions, contact the Scholarship Program at 503-725-8535 (toll free 1-877-725-8535) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Oregon Statewide Scholarship Program is generously funded by the Oregon Community Foundation’s Betty Gray Early Childhood Development Endowment Fund and administered by the Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education (OCCD).