Are you knowledgeable with computers and today’s most popular technologies? Do you have experience in customer service? The OIT Helpdesk is now hiring for the position of Helpdesk Technician.
Among other key responsibilities, the Helpdesk Technician is primarily expected to receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve end user requests for assistance. They will answer questions or resolve basic computer hardware, software, and PSU systems problems in person, via telephone, email, or using remote assistance tools. They will also focus on providing timely, thorough, and professional customer service at all levels. They will be able to provide basic education/assistance on University systems and email applications, especially those supported by OIT.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a professional, positive attitude while providing outstanding customer service.
- Possess above average written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with students, staff, and faculty at Portland State.
- Possess a working knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems. (An in-depth knowledge in one area with ability to learn in others is acceptable).
- Demonstrate an ability to multi-task and complete assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to follow applicable PSU and USS policies, procedures, and processes.
This position is for current PSU students with or without a federal work-study award. Federal work-study strongly preferred.
All interested applicants should email a copy of their resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.