Frequently Asked Questions | ORO
What is the Oregon Registry Online Enrollment Form?
- The Oregon Registry Online Enrollment Form is a simple data form that provides information for your ORO account. It updates information for those who already have an ORO account or a Step on the Oregon Registry. It provides workforce data for researchers building a stronger state system.
Where do I find the ORO Enrollment Form?
What is the ORO Staff Training Cover Sheet?
- The ORO Staff Training Cover Sheet is used to link an individual's training and education to their record in ORO. You need an ORO Staff Training Cover Sheet for each person submitting training(s). Each time you submit training and education, you will need an ORO Staff Training Cover Sheet.
Where do I find the ORO Staff Training Cover Sheet?
Where do I mail my ORO training?
- Training and education for a facility licensing period are mailed with and ORO Staff Training Cover Sheet to:
Portland State University--OCCD
Oregon Registry Online
PO Box 751
Portland OR 97207-0751
Can I fax my training?
- No, please mail your training.
What documents do I send to ORO?
- Training and education documents to meet Office of Child Care Renewal Licensing requirements. Training and educational documents used to evaluate position requirements may also be sent to ORO.
- Safety Set training documentation which includes copies of CPR cards, First Aid cards, Child Abuse and Neglect certificates, Food Handlers cards and Office of Child Care's New Staff Orientation Training Certificate.
How long does it take to process my training?
- To make sure your training is in ORO and you are ready for your licensing visti, please submit training and education at least 30 days prior to your licensing visit.
How do I get my ORO password?
- Please visit my.oregonregistryonline.org to create an account or to reset your password.
How do I see my training and education in ORO?
- Please login to myORO to review your training account and print off a Professional Development Statement.
If you have questions about ORO training and education, you can call the Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education: Contact Us
I am a Director/Certified Family Child Care Provider. How do I see my facility's training and education in ORO?
- Training and education submitted into ORO may be viewed on a Staff Qualification and Training Log. Staff Qualification and Training Logs are mailed by the Office of Child Care 120 days prior to licensing renewal.
Additionally, you may contact the Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education at 1-(877)-725-8535 and talk to us about training submitted into ORO.
What is a Professional Development Summary?
- It is a listing of all the training and education that you have submitted to ORO and/or for an Oregon Registry Step. Professional Development Summaries are mailed at the end of each quarter that you submit training.
What training counts for ORO?
- In order to count, training and education must meet the standards of the Oregon Registry Training and Education Criteria and link to a Core Knowledge Category (CKC). The CKCs are listed in the Core Body of Knowledge, the state's standards of the childhood care and education profession outlining professional competencies.
What do I do if my training is not accepted?
- Review the letter that you received or check the bottom of your Professional Development Summary for reasons of non-acceptance. Check to see if you can submit additional documentation.
How do I resubmit training that was not accepted?
- Include your non-acceptance letter with your additional documentation and mail to ORO. You do not need an ORO Staff Training Cover Sheet. Your letter is your ORO Staff Training Cover Sheet.
Why was my training not accepted?
- The most common reasons that training is not accepted are:
- Training is less than one hour.
- Your name is missing from your certificate.
- A former name is listed on your certificate.
- Online only CPR and First Aid are not accepted. A component of on-site testing or training is required.
- Certificates without hours that are verified by the trainer or training agency.
- Documentation submitted is not listed in the Oregon Registry Training and Education Criteria. Examples include agendas, book reports, tickets to events, flyers and conference brochures without certificate of attendance
- The most common reasons that education (college and university courses) is not accepted are:
- College name is not on transcript.
- Individual's name is not on transcript.
- A former name is listed on transcript.
- Classes are in progress.
- Classes do not link to the Core Knowledge Categories.
I did not submit my training, why did I get a disapproval letter?
- Training and education may be submitted to ORO by your employer on your behalf. Please check with your employer.