Frequently Asked Questions | Oregon Registry
- What are the Oregon Registry Steps?
- What Step should I apply for?
- How do I know if my training and education will count?
- What does it cost to apply to the Oregon Registry?
- Where do I send my completed application?
- Where can I call with questions?
- Who will review my application?
- How will I find out about the status of my application?
The Oregon Registry Steps are a sequence of 12 professional development categories that describe and acknowledge increasing education and training.
Review the Oregon Registry Steps document to help you to decide what Step you are eligible to apply for. Each Step represents increased training and education.
You can also send your training and education with your application for a Step and the Oregon Registry team will award you the highest step possible based on the training and education submitted.
All Oregon Registry training and education must be related to childhood care and education. Review the Oregon Registry Core Knowledge Category Definitions to help you link your training and education to the different childhood care and education related categories.
- Enrollment through Step 2 is FREE
- Steps 3-12 costs $10.00 (The $10 Oregon Registry Step application fee will be waived until further notice in order to build Oregon's workforce and to support the Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Grant project goals.)
Send a COPY of your application to:
Portland State University - OCCD
Attn: Oregon Registry application
PO Box 751
Portland OR 97207-0751
Call the Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education toll free at (877) 725-8535. Or email us at email@example.com. Or make an appointment with your local Oregon Child Care Resource and Referral Agency. To find a Child Care Resource and Referral agency near you, please visit triwou.org/projects/ccccrr or call 1-800-342-6712.
Registry staff will review all applications for Enrollment through Step 7, and applications using the Degree and Certificate Path for Steps 7.5 - 12. Oregon Registry Review Team members will review applications using the College Course Credit and Community Based Training Paths for Steps 7.5 - 10.
Applicants will be notified by mail. The application process takes approximately 45 business days. Education awards are generally mailed an additional 45 days after the Step was issued.