Completing Your Oregon Registry Application
The Oregon Registry Application is completed every time you apply for a new Step on the Oregon Registry. After your application is processed, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement stating your Step on the Oregon Registry based on your documented of training and education.
Use the Step Application Checklist (page 2 of the Complete Step Application) to help ensure that your application is complete when submitted. Applications take approximate 45 business days to process (not including weekends or holidays). Incomplete applications will be returned.
What you will need to apply for a Step on the Oregon Registry
- Download a copy of the Complete Step Application.
- Gather your trainings, transcripts and certificates.
- Make copies of your training and education (certificates, transcripts).
- Check the Oregon Registry Training and Education Criteria for acceptable documentation.
- Spend some time with Oregon’s professional development standards, Core Body of Knowledge, Oregon Registry Steps, and Core Knowledge Category Definitions.
- Fill out the Complete Step Application.
- Submit a $10 check or money order for processing. (The $10 Oregon Registry Step application fee will be waived until further notice in order to build Oregon's workforce and to support the Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Grant project goals.)
Make an appointment with your local Oregon Child Care Resource and Referral Agency. To find a Child Care Resource and Referral agency near you, please contact triwou.org/projects/ccccrr or call 800-342-6712 for assistance.
Congratulations! You are on your way.