Continuing Engagement for Social Change: At and Beyond Portland State
The purpose of the Continuing Engagement for Social Change Project was to increase engagement of Portland State University students in addressing the ecological and social crises facing our world.
The development of a model and platform for online workshops and the creation of three fully online
workshops that support continued engagement in social change (available here).
The development of an online version of the Resource Guide for Continuing Engagement in Social Change (available here).
- Expanded participation by a dozen faculty in at least three online Communities of Practices, in addition to alumni engagement, student participation and student assignment integration.
The online resource guide and online workshops are available and will allow opportunities for deeper engagement for students. The online resource guide provides for a much more interactive and engaging version of the Resource Guide for online classes, which is particularly important given the increase of these courses at PSU. The online workshops will allow many more people to view and engage in the content, as compared to the dozens who were able to attend in person. Last, the three Communities of Practice engaged many faculty and students in thinking about continued engagement and provided them with concrete support.
STATUS - COMPLETE
- David Osborn - SINQ/Capstone Instructor, University Studies
- Seanna Kerrigan - Capstone Program Director, University Studies - Academic Affairs
- Yves Labissiere - Interim Director, University Studies, Community Health - Urban & Public Affairs
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Project Manager - Hans VanDerSchaaf
- Project Assistant - Lia Halverson