Faculty Fellows for Community-based Learning Online - Applications Available
This program is designed for faculty who are interested in designing a new course or redesigning an existing course in ways that integrate community-based learning (CBL) into a 100% online learning experience. New or seasoned online and/or CBL faculty are encouraged to apply. This is an opportunity for online faculty to explore new partnerships, for current CBL faculty to learn to work completely online, or for current online CBL faculty to revise and develop their pedagogy and approaches.
Within our learning community, Faculty Fellows will share current research around engagement of community partners and students in online spaces, innovative approaches and technology tools, issues of equity online, and ways to cultivate active spaces for reflection and critical thinking. Our work includes conversation with colleagues, workshops with visiting and local experts, and peer review of and feedback on course development. Together, we will develop a broader understanding of the challenges and possibilities in CBL online.
Participants in this program should apply only if they are able to meet on Fridays, March 13, April 3 & 17, May 15, and June 5, 2015 from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm.
- 9/18/14 - Applications will be available
- 10/24/14 - Applications due by 5:00 pm
- 10/31/14 - Selections will be made and applicants informed
- 3/13/14 - 1st mandatory meeting from Noon to 2:00 pm
- 4/3/14 - 2nd mandatory meeting from Noon to 2:00 pm
- 4/17/14 - 3rd mandatory meeting from Noon to 2:00 pm
- 5/15/14 - 4th mandatory meeting from Noon to 2:00 pm
- 6/5/15 - 5th mandatory meeting from Noon to 2:00 pm
Questions? Contact Amy Spring, Assistant Director Community-based Teaching, Learning and Assessmentspringa@pdx.edu.