Our Academic Profile
What distinguishes us?
Portland State University is a nationally recognized urban university, where the community is more than just where you live, it's where you learn. With a student body of 29,000, Portland State is selected by more students than any other Oregon university. Our location in Portland, "America's Best Big City," truly puts students and faculty in the middle of it all. Home to forward-thinking people who cherish the city for its culture, surrounding natural beauty, and livability, Portland is the heart of the Pacific Northwest. The University's urban setting and many community partnerships act as a "living laboratory" that provides diverse opportunities to live, learn, and gain the real world experience that students need to succeed.
Portland State is a leader in engagement
Portland State is globally relevant and regionally focused
Portland State advances research that benefits society
Portland State contributes to a sustainable future
Portland State is committed: initiatives and actions.
- University Planning 2011-2014
- University Planning 2010-2011
- University Planning 2009-2010
- Overview of 2007-09 Priorities, goals and initiatives
- Investing in our priorities and sustainability
- Provost's memo to Council of Academic Deans on investments
- Priority setting activities 2006-07
Other academic efforts that distinguish us