Transfer Admission Resources
Each year, more college students transfer to Portland State than to any other university in Oregon. There are very compelling reasons for this migration to Portland State University.
- A comprehensive public university, Portland State has more than 100 majors, minors and concentrations from which to choose;
- Portland State has more opportunity for internships and community-based learning opportunities than any other Oregon university;
- As Oregon's most ethnically and culturally diverse university, your classes are enriched with people and ideas that mirror the world;
- Portland State's Career Center will help you prepare and launch your post-college career;
- As the largest university in Oregon, Portland State's campus is alive with vitality.
If you have more than 30 transferable credit quarter hours or 20 transferable semester hours, you will apply as a transfer student. At the time of admission, you'll receive an evaluation of your transfer coursework describing how these credits will be accepted towards the general education requirements at PSU. Once admitted you may obtain a degree audit report for your chosen major from an academic advisor. Download our Transfer Handbook.
After admission, sign up for Orientation for Transfer Students. Although you've already been to college, Orientation will give you information you need to be successful at Portland State. Find out about comprehensive student services, general education placement as well as programs that ensure you make meaningful connections with faculty, staff and other students.
Visit Portland State University any time. Find out why more transfer students seek the Portland State advantage.