1620 SW Park Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97201
Lincoln Hall stands at the intersection of SW Market and Broadway, with the Park Blocks to the west and Cramer Hall to the south. The building has three floors above ground and a basement. A tunnel from the basement leads south to Cramer Hall, and a covered skybridge from the third floor connects to the third floor of Cramer.
The Music Department's offices and classrooms are located in Lincoln Hall. An auditorium on the basement level (Room 75) seats 200 and is mostly used for concerts. A much larger auditorium on the first floor—the Lincoln Performance Hall—seats 476 on a steeper grade, has full curtains and lighting, and features both concerts and theater productions.
The historic building, originally Portland School District's Lincoln High School, was built in 1911. Restored and updated with environmental sustainability in mind, the structure is the first on PSU’s campus to achieve LEED Platinum status. While the traditional brick and column façade looks much the same as it did when it was first built, step inside and you’ll notice dramatic changes.
- 2011 Historic Renovation
- $41,341 in annual energy savings
- 75% of construction waste diverted from landfill
- Walk Score® of 98 - Walkers' Paradise
- LEED 2009 GHG Index of 49
1721 SW Broadway, Portland, Oregon 97201
Cramer Hall stands on the block between SW Park, Montgomery, Broadway, and Mill. Lincoln Hall is to the north, the Smith Memorial Student Union to the south. Cramer has five floors above ground, and a basement and sub-basement. Tunnels lead to Lincoln and Smith, and skybridges from the third floor to Lincoln, and from the third and fourth floors to Smith. The third floor bridge to Smith is open to the air, the other two are enclosed.
The building houses a number of administrative offices, including the President's Office, the Provost's Office, and the Office of Academic Affairs, classrooms, and many departments, from Anthropology and Economics to History, Psychology, Geography and Geology.
Cramer was built in three phases between 1955 and 1970. The first phase (1955-1958), designed by Lawrence, Tucker & Wallmann, consisted of the northwest corner of the current building, including a tunnel and skybridge to Lincoln Hall. Phase Two (1957-1958), designed by the same firm, added the southeast quadrant. The other two quadrants were not built until 1968-1970, and were designed by Wolff, Zimmer, Gunsul, Frasca. The building contains a total of 239,564 square feet.