ME Machine Shop
Fall Term Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
The MME machine shop provides support for various faculty research, student projects and academic courses. The Instrumentation and equipment for research and lab experiments are built in the shop by faculty, students and MME's Development Engineer Mike Chuning.
Students are introduced to the shop in their sophomore year when they take ME 241, Manufacturing Process. During their senior year, students use the shop to build their mini-projects and to fabricate their capstone projects. Every other year, a course in CNC programing is offered.
- Conventional Lathes and Milling Machines
- 2 and 3 axis Milling Machines
- Brake and Shear (Sheet Metal capability)
- Welding (Mig, Tig and Acetylene torch)
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Precision Surface Grinding
- Rapid Prototyping Machine
- Laser Cutter
- CNC Programming (Master Cam X5)