Fall-Spring Term Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am- 5:00pm
Summer Term Hours: Monday-Thursday, 6:00am - 5:00pm
The MME machine shop provides support for various faculty research, student projects and academic courses. The Instrumentation and equipment for research and lab experiments are built in the shop by faculty, students and MME's Development Engineer Mike Chuning.
Students are introduced to the shop in their sophomore year when they take ME 241, Manufacturing Process. During their senior year, students use the shop to build their mini-projects and to fabricate their capstone projects. Every other year, a course in CNC programing is offered.
- Conventional Lathes and Milling Machines
- 2 and 3 axis CNC Milling Machines and CNC Lathe
- Brake and Shear (Sheet Metal capability)
- Welding (Mig, Tig and Acetylene torch)
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Precision Surface Grinding
- 3D Printing Rapid Prototyping Machine
- Laser Cutter (60 and 400 Watts)
- CNC Programming (Master Cam X9)
- Plasma Cutter