Applications are not currently being accepted for this position.
The Middle East Studies Center’s Student Assistant will take an active role in supporting the work of the Middle East Studies Center broadly. The Center is looking for a motivated student with an interested in the Middle East.
Applicants should have strong writing and research skills, excellent organizational skills and time management, and be interested in learning and developing professional skills. Students should be able to work well independently and as part of a team and should be able to dedicate 7-10 hours per week to this paid position.
- Writing fact sheets, press releases, and other materials for the Center
- Compiling a monthly calendar of events for distribution to the Oregon Middle East Studies Consortium
- Supporting the Center in planning and publicizing public events with tasks including data entry, distributing fliers, updating the website, etc.
- Assisting the Office Coordinator with office tasks including photocopying, filing, faxing, etc.
- Working with the Outreach Coordinator to support global educational activities throughout the state