Publishing Intern: Middle East Studies Center Online Journal
Applications for this internship will be accepted until October 11, 2013.
In March, 2013, the Middle East Studies Center hosted its Second Annual Undergraduate Student Conference on the Middle East. The conference offered a unique opportunity for students with an interest in the Middle East to meet and learn more about the region from their peers.
The Middle East Studies Center at Portland State University seeks a student intern to create, edit, and format an online journal of the conference proceedings.
- Leading the production of the online journal
- Proofreading and editing journal articles
- Developing a visually pleasing structure and layout for the journal and formatting all articles accordingly
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of and interest in the publishing industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Wordpress content management system preferred