The Oregon Invitational Mathematics Tournament (OIMT) will be hosted at Portland State University (PSU) on Saturday, May 14, 2016.
- The OIMT is a statewide competition for top regional scoring high school math students. Participants of the Tournament come from all over the state to compete.
- The OIMT has been held annually by the math departments of Oregon State University, University of Oregon, and Portland State University (and in previous years Willamette University) for past 36 years.
Format of the Tournament
- High school students from across the state will compete in one of four categories: Geometry, Algebra II, Open I (Pre-Calculus), and Open II (Calculus).
- The competition will consist of a three hour personal testing period in the morning and an assigned group poster project in the afternoon.
- Groups for the Project Posters will be chosen for students by the PSU tournament committee, and students will be given their group placement at registration check-in the morning of the Tournament.
- The schedule can be found here.
How Students Are Invited
- Students are invited to the Tournament based upon their performances at Regionals held at community colleges across the state.
- Students may also be invited (or simply register);due to exceptional scores on the AMC-10 and AMC-12 exams. The qualifying AMC score for OIMT is 80 for both the AMC-10 and AMC-12 exams.
- Letters of Invitation to the Tournament are given to students during recognition at regional contests. For students with high AMC scores, Letters of Invitation will be sent to their high schools.
- Students are required to register prior to attending the Tournament. The Registration fee is $30.The registration deadline is Sunday, May 1st, 2016.
- For contestants needing accommodations, hotel names and contact information are provided in the Food and Hotels link.
Day of Information
- Check-In is from 7:30-8:45 a.m. on the first floor of Hoffman Hall, 1833 SW 11th Ave.
- Students are expected to be in their designated testing rooms in Neuberger Hall by 9:00 a.m. sharp.
- Lunch will be provided to students. Parents and teachers BYOL.
- A list of food options and maps will be provided on this website as well as in the registration packets students initial receive upon invitation.
- Students are expected to be at Hoffmann Hall for Poster Projects promptly after lunch.
After the Tournament
Winners and Honorable Mentions will be posted on the website a few weeks after the Tournament.