George C. Hoffman Hall, room 109, 1833 SW 11th Avenue
Please join the Portland State University Department of Chemistry to recognize and honor all graduating chemistry majors and Ph.D. graduates.
Awards to outstanding undergraduate & graduate students will be presented in the following categories:
- General Chemistry Award - Award to the top student in general chemistry
- George S. Hammond Award in Organic Chemistry - Award to the top student in organic chemistry
- Larry D. Vockler Scholarhsip - Scholarship to an outstanding sophomore chemistry major in honor of Larry D. Vockler
- Analytical Chemistry Award - Award to the top student in analytical chemistry
- Clyde Johnson Award - Award to the top junior chemistry major in honor of Dr. Clyde Johnson, first department chair
- Outstanding Graduation Senior - Awaard to the top graduating senior chemistry major
- Alfred Levinson Award - Award to the outstanding graduate teaching assistant
- Paul Emmett Award - Award to the outstanding graduate student in penultimate year
Refreshments will be provided.
About the Department of Chemistry
The Portland State University Department of Chemistry maintains a teaching program of excellence at the undergraduate level and a gradute program emphasizing cutting-edge research in the chemistry of the environment, novel materials and biological systems. The Department's curriculum, faculty, library, and facilities of the department are approved by the American Chemical Society.