Tanya (Tetyana) Sydorenko
Ph.D. Second Language Studies, Michigan State University 2011M.A. Linguistics (includes TESOL courses), Eastern Michigan University 2006B.S. Linguistics, Truman State University, Kirksville, Missouri 2003
- LING 390: Introduction to Linguistics
- LING 411/511: Syntax
- LING 414/514: Pragmatics
- LING 438/538: Second Language Acquisition
- LING 560: Research Design
- LING 561: Research Methods
- RUS 201: Second-year Russian
- Computer-assisted language learning
- Second language pragmatics
- Psycholinguistics (cognitive processes in SLA, eye-tracking research)
- Language testing/assessment
- Sydorenko, T. (2014). The use of structured computer-delivered tasks with native speaker models and open-ended learner-learner role-plays in pragmatic instruction. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Winke, P., Gass, S., Sydorenko, T. (2013). Factors influencing the use of captions by foreign language learners: An eye-tracking study. The Modern Language Journal, 97(1), 254-275.
- Sydorenko, T. (2011). Item writer judgments of item difficulty versus actual item difficulty: A case study. Language Assessment Quarterly, 8(1), 34-52.
- Sydorenko, T. (2010). Modality of input and vocabulary acquisition. Language Learning & Technology, 14(2), 50-73.
- Winke, P., Gass, S. M., & Sydorenko, T. (2010). The effects of captioning videos used for foreign language listening activities. Language Learning & Technology, 14(1), 66-87.
- Lyddon, P. A., & Sydorenko, T. (2008). Assessing distance language learning. In S. Goertler & P. Winke (Eds.), Opening doors through distance language education: Principles, perspectives, and practices (pp. 109-128). San Marcos, TX: Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium.
- Sydorenko, T., Myers, T., & Nakhimovsky, A. (2008). Pedagogical uses of multimedia annotators and players. In M. Lytras, D. Gasevic, P. Ordonez de Pablos, & W. Huang (Eds.), Technology enhanced learning: Best practices (pp. 185-204). Hershey, NY: IDEA Group Publishing.