- Listserv - Stay up to date with the latest from the Department of Applied Linguistics by joining the Listserv!
- SOAL - Student Organization of Applied Linguistics (SOAL) represents linguistics students at PSU.
- Linguistic Society of America - "The Linguistic Society of America (LSA) was founded in 1924 to advance the scientific study of language. LSA plays a critical role in supporting and disseminating linguistic scholarship both to professional linguists and to the general public." The site includes research publications, scholarly conferences, list-serves, and job announcements.
- American Association for Applied Linguistics - "Founded in 1977... AAAL members promote principled approaches to language-related concerns, including language education, acquisition and loss, bilingualism, discourse analysis, literacy, rhetoric and stylistics, language for special purposes, psycholinguistics, second and foreign language pedagogy, language assessment, and language policy and planning."
- Graduate programs in Applied Linguistics - Maintained by AAAL, includes research publications, scholarly conferences, list-serves, and job announcements.
- TESOL - Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. USA national association. Annual conferences are the "event of the season" for job interviews, book & software vendors, continuing professional education, and research presentations in TESOL. Includes a national jobs database and SIG (special interest group) list-serves.
- ORTESOL - Oregon's TESOL association. Annual conference with significant PSU-App Ling/IELP involvement, job announcements, and SIG's.
Everything you always wanted to know about TESOL, but were affraid to ask. Practical, street-wise resources, including international job boards, blogs, and teaching materials: