Senior Instructor, IELP
Community Practicum Supervisor
M.F.A. Writing, University of British Columbia 1997
B.A. English and TESOL, Goshen College 1991
- LING 409/509: The Community ESL Practicum
- Academic Reading
- Academic Vocabulary
- Academic Writing
- Teacher Education
- Weaver, R. (2010). Testing reading comprehension with and without ten weeks of explicit instruction in academic vocabulary. ORTESOL
- Weaver, R., & Reed J. (2014, March). Discovering the reciprocal benefits of a community ESL teaching practicum. Poster session presented at the annual international convention for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Portland, OR.
- Weaver, R., & McDade P. (2010, October). You and i are not pronouns: Metalinguistic analysis in the community-based classroom. Discussion session at the annual Oregon Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages conference (ORTESOL) Portland, OR.
- Weaver, R., & Wang, H. (2007, October). Incorporating writing into an entry-level grammar class. Presentation at the annual Oregon Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages conference (ORTESOL) Portland, OR.