Ph.D. Linguistics, minor in Cognitive Science, Cornell University 1995M.A. Linguistics, Cornell University 1992B.A. German, Minor Foreign Studies, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities 1989
- LING 233: Language and the Mind
- LING 407: Senior Seminar: Acquisition of the lexicon
- LING 411/511: Syntax
- LING 418/518 Morphology
- LING 433/533: Psycholinguistics
- LING 437/537: First Language Acquisition
- LING 438/538: Second Language Acquisition
- LING 480/580: Bilingualism
- LING 490/590: History of English
- LING 507: Empirical Research Writing
- LING 559: Introduction to Graduate Study in Applied Linguistics
- Childhood Language Acquisition
- Vocabulary learning (L1 and L2)
- Morphology and structural relationships
- Comparative study of syntax
- Psycholinguistics and Adult Language Learning (Second Language Learning)
- Structural relationships
- Relationship between vocabulary and language structure processing
- Scholarship of teaching
- Linguistics factors affecting academic reading by upper division students
- Teaching the culture of academia
- Santelmann, L. (in press). Psycholinguistics. In J. Bennet (Ed.), SAGE encyclopedia of intercultural competence.
- Santelmann, L. (in press). Acquisition of long distinance dependencies. In P. Brooks, V. Kempe, & J.C. Golson (Eds.), SAGE encyclopedia of language development.
- Santelmann, L. (2010). The acquisition of morphology, in P. Hogan (Ed.), The Cambridge encyclopedia of language sciences. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press.
- Santelmann, L. (2010). Infant responses to speech, in P. Hogan (Ed.), The Cambridge encyclopedia of language sciences. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press.