Ph.D. Second Languages and Cultures Education, University of Minnesota 1988M.A. TESOL, University of Minnesota 1978Teaching Certificate (MN) French and Social Studies, Macalester College 1975B.A. Geography, French, and Anthropology, Macalester College 1974
- INTL 201: Introduction to International and Global Studies
- LING 391: Introduction to Applied Linguistics
- LING 407: Senior Seminars: Historiography of Applied Linguistics, Linguistic Human Rights [INTL], Food Security [INTL]
- LING 435/535: Theories and Practice in Applied Linguistics
- LING 471/571: Understanding the International Experience
- LING 475/575: Curriculum Design and Materials Development in TESOL
- LING 477/577: TESOL Methods I
- LING 478/578: TESOL Methods II
- LING 481/581: World Englishes
- Intercultural Competence Assessment
- Smallman, S. & Brown, K. (in press). Introduction to International and Global Studies. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press. (Original work published 2011).
- Baumgardner, R. & Brown, K. (2012). English and Advertising in Iran. World Englishes, 31(3) 292-311. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-971X.2012.01761.x
- Brown, K. and LeVelle, K. (2007). Reconfiguring the TESOL methods sequence. In B. Johnston & K. Walls (Eds.), Voice and vision in language teacher education: Selected papers from the fourth international conference on language teacher education (pp. 205-224). Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press.
- Brown, K. (2006). Models, methods, and curriculum. In Y. Kachru & C. Nelson (Eds.), Handbook of world Englishes. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.
- Brown, K. (2003-2006). World Englishes in TESOL programs: An infusion model of curricular innovation. In D. Hall & A. Hewings (Eds.), Innovation in English language teaching (pp. 108 -117). New York: Routledge. Reprinted with permission from (1993). World Englishes, 12(1), 59-73.