Research Faculty, LLTR
Assistant Professor, Applied Linguistics
Ph.D. Linguistics, Northwestern University 1995B.A. Business Administration, Lewis and Clark College 1984
- LING 410/510: Selected Topics: Teaching Adult ESL
- LING 475/575: Curriculum Design & Materials Development
- LING 477/577: TESOL Methods I
- LING 478/578: TESOL Methods II
- Teacher learning
- Video in pre-service and in-service teacher learning
- Classroom second language acquisition
- Teaching and learning issues with low educated second language and literacy acquisition (LESLLA) learners
- Ramírez-Esparza, N., Harris, K., Hellermann, J., Richard, C., Kuhl, P. K., & Reder, S. (2012).
Socio-interactive practices and personality in adult learners of English with little formal
education. Language Learning, 62(2), 541-570.
- Harris, K. & Allen, D. (2012). ELL-U: Working with Emergent Readers. Learner Web Learning Plan for Professional Development. Retrieved from literacyworkslincs.learnerweb.org
- Harris, K. & Allen, D. (2011). ELL-U: Teaching Vocabulary. Learner Web Learning Plan for Professional Development. Retrieved from literacyworkslincs.learnerweb.org
- Harris, K. A. (2005). Same activity, different focus. Focus On Basics: Connecting Research and
- Reder, S., Harris, K., & Setzler, K. (2003). The multimedia adult ESL learner corpus. TESOL
Quarterly, 37(3), 546-557.