M.A. TESOL, Portland State University 2005B.A. Applied Linguistics, Portland State University 1995
- LING 114: Reading 1
- LING 115: Writing Workshop for Non-native Writers
- LING 121: Grammar / Writing 2
- LING 124: Reading 2
- LING 131: Grammar / Writing 3
- LING 142: Advanced English Grammar
- LING 143: Guided Research Writing
- LING 144: Academic Reading
- LING 153: Independent Research Writing
- LING 155: Discussion Skills
- LING 392: Structure of English
- LING 470/570: Grammar for TESOL
- Corpus research on the grammar and vocabulary of academic prose
- Smith, D. (2012). Mobile apps for ESL students, Portland State University.
- Conrad, S. & Smith, D. (2008). Corpus-based teaching innovations for EAP students, ORTESOL.
Representative Publications & Presentations
- Smith, D. (Forthcoming). Lexigrammar for Research Essays.
- McKinney, L., Beck, E. & Smith, D. (2012, March). Customizing professional development. Presentation at annual international conference of the Teachers of English as a Second Language (TESOL). Philadelphia, PA.
- Smith, D. & Haun, J. (2011, March). Examining the lexicogrammatical features of cohesive and coherent academic writing. Presentation at annual international conference of the Teachers of English as a Second Language (TESOL). New Orleans, LA.