Organizations We Work With
750 Children - Not One Book
In 2010 Portland State University Students doing research in Uganda discovered primary school students in Kanungu had no text books.
Students in the 2012 Community Development Colloquium decided they could do something about it.
Students are partnering with the National Book Trust of Uganda (NABOTU), the Chairwoman of the Kanungu District, and former PSU Community Development Student, Sheila Kuyobutungi who lives and works in Uganda to raise $6,000 to:
- Build shelves in one classroom for a library
- Supply two books for every child
- Train teachers in book-based pedagogy, and
- Monitor teacher and child progress for one year
You can help -
- $8 buys two books, shelving, teacher training and monitoring for a year
To find out more: Kanungu@pdx.edu or
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KanunguProject