Jobs and Internships
JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS INFORMATION
There is a wide range of jobs and internship opportunities available to students of International Studies. To view some of the resources we have listed, please click BELOW:
- Full-time career-related positions for upcoming graduates and alumni.
- On-campus interviews with employers who are recruiting seniors and recent graduates.
- Part-time, off-campus jobs for students.
- On-campus work-study and regular-wage jobs for students.
- Federal work study community service jobs (including America Reads and America Counts) for students.
- Paid and unpaid internships for students.
INTERNATIONAL CAREERS (additional resources)
- PSU Career Services has information about what careers you might pursue with a major International Studies.
- PSU Applied Linguistics offers a certificate and a master's degree in the teaching of English as a foreign language (TSL and TESOL).
-PSU has partnered with Peace Corps, extending its mission of community based learning to the global network. Read more about the Peace Corps Master's International Program..
- Foreign service careers with the U.S. government.
- The website for the International Studies Association has links to Internet Resources for international associations and organizations.
- Indeed.com is a search engine for job listings and is available in over 50 countries. It has an advanced search feature that can be set up to deliver daily job alerts to your inbox with customized job openings. Indeed can also be downloaded as an app for your mobile device.
RESOURCE GUIDES to development organizations
- PSU Education Abroad has information about how you can integrate short-term or quarter-long study in a foreign country.
-NSE: National Student Exchange: Study abroad in Puerto Rico, Guam or Canada and pay your host campus tuition rates. http://www.nse.org/
Portland State University offers a wide variety of scholarships to meet the needs of the diverse student body. This includes of scholarships for academic achievement, financial need, diverse and unique backgrounds, leadership skills, specific major and career choices, first generation status, service to school and community and disabilities.
There are also countless resources available to International Studies students, all of which can be found here.
For information on International specific scholarships, visit the International Scholarship page.
For more information on general scholarships, please visit the Portland State University Scholarship Website