Ten Suggestions for More Successful Assessment
- Start with important questions.
- Focus on things you can improve.
- Plan, but be flexible and willing to adapt as you learn.
- Start small.
- Build in success from the start.
- Get students, faculty, and others actively involved.
- Set limits on time and effort you’ll invest.
- Collaborate with others who share your concerns.
- Remember that assessment may be new to many of your students and colleagues.
- Enjoy experimentation and risk-taking, not just success.
From: Assessing Assessment: Successes, Failures, and the Future Dr. Peter Ewell National Center for Higher Education 2010 Assessment Institute Presentation