Where Innovation Begins
The Business Accelerator, located adjacent to the PSU campus, is home to more than 30 startup companies in technology, bioscience and clean tech. Together, they have raised more private venture capital over the last three years than any other location in Oregon.
The Accelerator provides companies with competitively priced lab and office space, networking opportunities and professional expertise. It also is a connection point to PSU resources, linking companies to the research and development capabilities of PSU faculty and the talent and energy of student project teams.
The companies at the Business Accelerator include:
- Energy Storage Systems, developing and producing utility-scale energy storage systems based on flow battery technology
- Tellagence, helping businesses optimize the use of social networking to market their products and services
- DesignMedix, designing and developing novel, low-cost hybrid drugs to combat the spread of diseases, including malaria
- Genesis Wind, which has developed an innovative new wind turbine design that overcomes many of the challenges inherent in the types typically used in energy generation
- APDM, founded by PSU professor James McNames, making wristwatch-size monitoring devices that help clinicians and therapists measure the movement and mobility of their patients.
Learn more about the Business Accelerator and see a full list of its companies.
COME TO THE BUSINESS ACCELERATOR'S annual Company Showcase for product demonstrations, refreshments, and presentations by the different companies.
When: Monday, Oct. 29, 4 to 7 p.m.
Where: PSU Business Accelerator, 2828 SW Corbett Ave.
Top photo: Nick DeFalco and Julia Song of Energy Storage Systems work in one of the labs at the PSU Business Accelerator.