Liberty Mutual is committed to making proactive “green” decisions that protect the environment and conserve resources by reducing our carbon footprint. By being a good corporate citizen, Liberty Mutual allows our customers to feel proud about reaping the bottom-line benefits of green business policies. So what is the company doing to be greener?
Green Is the New Gold
Liberty Mutual completed its first green design in 2006, renovating an early 20th-century building at 330 Stuart Street in Boston. Following LEED sustainable design standards, we earned a green certification from the U.S. Green Building Council for the renovation. These efforts included:
- Installing ceiling tiles, wall paper and fabric that contained reflective elements
- Selecting environment-friendly carpet, paint and building materials
- Raising the ceiling height to uncover original transom windows
White on Top and Green All Over
Built in 2007, the Liberty Mutual office in Dover, NH, is as green as the trees surrounding it. The 350,000-square-foot green building features an innovative design that conserves resources and offers a healthy work environment for employees.
Highlights of the green design include:
- A white roof to reflect rather than absorb heat, reducing energy costs
- Under-floor air distribution that pushes air up instead of down, thus traveling less distance to reach employees and using less energy
- Generous window space and an unobtrusive workstation bringing more daylight into the building
- Recycled materials comprising 20 percent of the facility obtained within a 500-mile radius, reducing transportation costs
- A special storm-drainage system protecting the landscape and nearby river
With every new project, Liberty Mutual will remain steadfast in our commitment to follow LEED guidelines for environmental stewardship and health.
To learn more about Liberty Mutual auto and home insurance or get a free, no-obligation quote, call 888-530-2146 or visit www.LibertyMutual.com/psuaa
Coverage underwritten and provided by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116. ©2012 Liberty Mutual Group. All rights reserved.