Summer 2011 "Tour the World at Home" International Lecture Series Returns to PSU
Monday, May 23, 2011 - The award-winning "Tour the World at Home" international lecture series is returning to Portland State University as a part of the 2011 PSU Summer Session. Visiting international faculty from myriad countries and universities will present weekly lectures on contemporary global issues from a wide array of academic disciplines and viewpoints.
Beginning June 29, "Tour the World at Home" lectures will take place each Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. in 323 Smith Memorial Student Union. The lectures are free and open to the public.
Confirmed guest lecturers and topics for the "Tour of the World" series include:
- Dr. Zeynep Alemdar, Professor of Political Science, Okan University, Turkey - "International Women's Leadership"
- Dr. Jovan Babic, Professor of Ethics, Belgrade University, Serbia - "Communities and Boundaries in Cyberterritories"
- Dr. Yanqiang Ding, Professor of Economics and Associate Director of the International Cooperation Office, Shandong University, China - "Contemporary China's Economy and the Environment"
- Dr. Andrea Sand, Professor of Linguistics, Universitat Trier, Germany - "Job Applications for the World Market"
- Dr. Joanilio Teixeira, Professor of Economics, University of Brasilia, Brazil - "Growth, Structural Change and Institutions: Development Economics in Latin America with Emphasis in Brazil"
Dates for specific lectures will be announced as soon as they are confirmed. People can visit the "Tour the World at Home" website at http://oia.pdx.edu/scholars/ivp/tour_the_world/ to obtain calendar updates and more information about the program and participating faculty.
The "Tour the World at Home" lecture series is part of the PSU International Visiting Professor (IVP) Program, in which professors from across the globe visit PSU to share their knowledge and international perspectives on a wide-range of subjects through courses, workshops, and special lectures each summer. The IVP program is sponsored by Summer Session in the School of Extended Studies with assistance from the Office of International Affairs. More information regarding the IVP program can be found at http://oia.pdx.edu/scholars/ivp
For questions on the "Tour the World at Home" lecture series or the IVP program, please contact the Office of International Affairs at 503-725-4094 or email@example.com.