Elevating Impact Summit: Think business can be so much more? We agree.
Friday, June 21, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Gerding Theater, 128 NW 11th Ave, Portland OR
Register by May 21st for $75 (goes up to $100)
Social entrepreneurs are found in businesses, non-profits, public offices, schools and everywhere in between. Meet them at the Elevating Impact Summit.
The Elevating Impact Summit will inspire you and give you new ideas for working with purpose. Join hundreds of bold, creative thinkers bound not by age, status or title who are daring to make a difference and have the scars to prove it.
- Learn about Eric Dawson’s national efforts to eradicate youth violence through the revolutionary Peace First Prize can be used here to create better futures for our children.
- Talk with groundbreaking intrapreneurs and entrepreneurs about the tough knocks of starting up and their resilience to overcome
- Meet the media reporters who uncover the stories we care about
- Discover innovative solutions to recidivism and education from cutting leaders in our region.
- Watch the live Pitch Fest and cheer on your favorite future social entrepreneurs pitching their new ideas
- Celebrate up and coming and leading changemakers chosen to win this year's Impact Awards.
- Enjoy lunch and a hosted networking reception for more speaker Q&A and networking.
Price goes up May 21st.
Eric Dawson, Co-founder and President, Peace First
Peace First is a national nonprofit organization that exists to create the next generation of peacemakers. Founded by Eric Dawson in 1992, Peace First has grown to be a national leader in violence prevention education and has provided peacemaker skills training to more than 40,000 elementary and middle school students. Mr. Dawson has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including Youth Service America’s Fund for Social Entrepreneurs, the Echoing Green Fellowship for Public Service, the Ashoka Fellowship for leading social entrepreneurs, and Pop!Tech’s Social Innovation Fellowship. Mr. Dawson is a captivating speaker who appears regularly on national radio and television programs, as well as in front of live audiences as a keynote speaker, trainer, and lecturer in the area of peace and justice education and child development.
MASTER OF CEREMONIES: David Sawyer
Sona K. Andrews, Provost, Portland State University
Ed Blackburn, Executive Director, Central City Concern
Phil Busse, Executive Director, Media Institute for Social Change
Doug Cooper, Assistant Director, Mercy Corps Northwest
Gun Denhart, Co-founder, Hanna Andersson
Carolynn Duncan, Founder, NW Social Venture Fund
Melissa Durham, Director of Strategic Projects, Oregon Community Foundation
Andy Giegerich, Editor, Sustainable Business Oregon
Mark Holloway, Executive Director, Social Venture Partners Portland
Kazi Huque, CEO, Grameen Intel
Dwayne Johnson, President and CEO, IDEAL Portland
Franklin Jones, Founder/CEO, B-Line Sustainable Urban Delivery
Scott Marshall, Associate Dean, Portland State University School of Business Administration
Lindsey Newkirk, Owner and Chief Instigator, Junk to Funk Trashion Collective
Scott Onder, Sr. Manager of Lending and Capitalization Strategy, Mercy Corps NW
Cassandra Profita, Ecotrope Journalist Blogger, Oregon Public Broadcasting
John Shepherd, Co-founder and President, M25 Ventures
Jacob Sherman, Undergraduate Research, Engagement, and Creative Activities Coordinator, Portland State University
Erin Tochen, Program Officer, The Lemelson Foundation
Christina Williams, Director of Communications, Institute for Sustainable Solutions at Portland State University